Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cold Laser Therapy is Amazing

My new Laser is amazing me all the time. In November of 2007 I finally invested in a cold laser device for the office and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I decided to avoid a lengthy technical discussion about lasers on my Blog, instead choosing to refer you to a link that explains that.

http://www.usalaser.biz/faq.html#3

What I want to state hear is a summary of what the Cold Laser does and some of the experiences I have had with it at my office.


First of all a cold laser as the name implies does not burn, it is merely a source of concentrated light that penetrates the body and does two really exciting things. Laser light has unique physical properties, which no ordinary light has. Laser therapy, also known as phototherapy and low level laser therapy, involves the application of low power coherent light to injuries and lesions to stimulate healing and reduce pain. It is used to increase the speed, quality and strength of tissue repair, resolve inflammation and give pain relief. Laser therapy has been found to offer superior healing and pain relieving effects compared to other electrotherapeutic modalities such as ultrasound, especially in chronic problems and in the early stages of acute injuries. Laser therapy is a complete system of treating muscle, tendon, ligament, connective tissue, bone, nerve, and dermal tissues in a non-invasive, drug-free modality.


As far as experiences I always refer back to my first. I barely had my laser out of the box for a few minutes before testing it out. My first of many success stories is a patient with an 8+ year old knee pain that was not responding to any other treatment. After using the Cold Laser for 4 minutes on her knee the pain was gone!!! Best of all it still is gone as of today after only 1 treatment! That's over 5 months later!! I can't say that everyone has responded in the same way. The Laser is designed to be used as a treatment modality that is used multiple times to achieve results but on many occasions I do see tremendous results in one treatment.


I would next like to give my own testimonial. I have had a Morton's Neuroma (google it if you like) in my right foot for about 10 years. The Neuroma hasn't been painful in a long while because I altered my lifestyle by avoiding running, biking, jumping rope...anything that would hurt it. I have tried stretches, exercises, orthotics, manipulation, supplements, detox, nothing helped and I was resigned to the fact that one day i would get the thing cut out through surgery. I was delaying surgery because I always believe that cutting your problem out is absolutely the last resort. Although it is necessary at times, you can't go back and repair if something goes wrong. Any way, I decided to start lasering my neuroma. After 4 treatments I noticed about a 50% improvement and I kept using it about twice per week for 3-4 minutes at a time. I actually hit a wall for a while where I didn't see any further improvement until about session 20 where there was a change. The area actually felt different, actually worse. I felt numbness in the area for about 10-12 days. During that time to be honest I was mildly concerned that I fried my foot but I do realize that can't happen using a cold laser so I pushed on. By session 24 the numbness was gone and so was 90% of the neuroma problem. I can't state how happy I am that there are times when I don't think about my foot. Even though it hasn't been painful for years I was aware of the problem many times a day. I haven't had the time to laser it in a few weeks but I will resume soon seeing if I can get the last 10% but even if I can't I think its amazing as is.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will cold laser resolve a traumatic neuroma on the head ?

desperate to find a solution for the 24/7 hell of pain that prevents sleep or study for a brilliant 17 yr old who was hit on the head by a lump of wood 2.5 yrs ago

the area is excrutiatingly painful to the lightest touch accompanied by lancinating pains that lay her out for hours

Jason Piken DC, CNS said...

I can not say for cetain that cold laser will take away the pain you describe yet I have seen cold laser along with Applied Kinesiology do incredible things through the 20 years I've been in practice.

I'm not sure where you live but you can goto www.icakusa.com and find the closest doctor with a cold laser.

Yours in Health

Jason Piken DC CNS